Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Hello everybody!

Hi, and welcome to my blog! I love all things nail polish, and after getting some inspiration from some fabulous nail bloggers out there, I decided to start my own. Today, I bring you a pretty simple manicure. I started with 1 coat of Orly Top2Bottom, added 2 coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Green With Envy and a coat of Sinful Colors Call You Later, and finished with a nice coat of Seche Vite.  It's bright and springy, and perfect for this cloudy gross day here in DC.

Here are the bottles, photographed under my flourescent-y desk lamp. As you can see, the Green With Envy is a tiny bottle; it was part of a multi-pack I got on sale at CVS. It's definitely one of the colors I am planning to buy a full-size version of. It covers very well with two thin coats, and I love the light grassy green color. Call You Later consists of a clear base packed with green mini and small glitter, and gold mini glitter. Sparkly!

And here is the combo on my nails! This glitter could be built up to cover without a base, I think, but it would take at least 3-4 coats and would be a trial to remove. I think Green With Envy makes a great base to highlight the glitteryness. This photo was also taken under the desk lamp, and shows the colors true to life. It is perhaps a tiny bit more sparkly in person, but that's the only difference.

This is under a general indoor light. I need to to a better job cleaning up my cuticles, it seems! Sometimes I clean up and totally miss a spot. Something to work on!

And here is an outdoor shot, with flash. It's dreary and rainy today here in the district, but this shot shows the glitteryness a bit more.

Hope you enjoyed! I'm something of a magpie and I love sparkly, glittery things. Glitter polish is such a pain to get off, so I prefer to top other colors with a thinner layer of glitter.  Makes removal easier while still being delightfully sparkly.

No comments:

Post a Comment